THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 6, 2009

Lord of Misrule by Rachel Caine



What Amazon says about it:



In the college town of Morganville, vampires and humans coexist in (relatively) bloodless harmony. Then comes Bishop, the master vampire who threatens to abolish all order, revive the forces of the 1f8 evil dead, and let chaos rule. But Bishop isn’t the only threat.Violent black cyclone clouds hover, promising a storm of devastating proportions as student Claire Danvers and her friends prepare to defend Morganville against elements both natural and unnatural.

What I say about it:

Two thumbs up

The Morganville Vampire Series is one that I am a devoted follower to. The story is one that is so addicting that you spend the months between books impatiently waiting and when it finally gets here you devour it in one evening. Rachel Caine has a way of drawing you in to the story so that it feels like you are really there. There were times in Lord of Misrule that I felt like I was right beside Claire running from a group of ravenous vampires. In typical Rachel Caine style she leaves you on a cliff hanger dying to know what happens next. The only complaint I have comes from the hopeless romantic part of me and wishing there would have been a little more Shane and Claire action. I'm not sure if I have said this in previous reviews but one thing that I truly love about the series is the vampires and the fact that they are not you typical vamps. One more thing. Even though you find the series in the YA section you do not have to be a YA to read them. My mom is currently fighting me over my copy of Lord of Misrule. I recommend this to all Morganville Vampires followers. Now I am off to pre-order my copy of Carpe Corpus.






0 comments: